The Friends of Abbeyfield Park (FOAP) have been actively campaigning on behalf of Abbeyfield Park since 1996.
As well as raising money for general upkeep and improving facilities and safety, FOAP is also engaged to protect the future of Abbeyfield House.
FOAP is made up of local volunteers who are enthusiastic about keeping the park and the buildings in the park in good condition and used by our local community in Burngreave.
- Regular litter picks in and around the park
- A committed group of volunteer gardeners who are rejuvenating the park gardens with weed clearance and new planting
- Increasing positive use of the park and Abbeyfield House
- Working on plans to bring disused outbuildings into community use
In addition, Abbeyfield House is a base for:
- Arts and craft community activities
- Green City Action
- Burngreave Messenger
- Tool Bank
- Reyt Repair
- Two Meeting spaces for community use (there are currently no accessible toilets however)
We have plans for a Community Festival in the park (Sunday 30 July 2023).